Saturday 3 December 2011

Slummy Mummy at Christmas

Things have definitely cranked up a notch at PhotoFairytales Towers with the steady approach of Christmas. I can tell things have got busy, not solely because orders are pinging in at a rate of knots but also because of the following tell tale signs:

1: My daughter had to eat her breakfast this morning with a soup spoon (it seemed the best choice over a tablespoon or teaspoon), because I haven’t had time to load/unload the dishwasher.

2: We are having to use kitchen roll as toilet paper because I haven’t had time to do the big shop.

3: The carpet in the living room has gone from a nice oatmeal beige to a nice oatmeal beige with black hairy divots (haven’t had time to hoover or brush the dog).

4: I’m typing this while constantly having to go “phrffphh” to keep the fringe out my eyes because I haven’t had time to make an appointment to get it cut (hence the picture - which is quite true to life).

5: Every time I get an order in which is obviously for a Christmas present I feel a burst of anxiety because I haven’t had time to think about my own Christmas shopping yet.

So now you know I shouldn’t even be sitting here doing this blog - I should be finishing off orders whilst hoovering. Trouble is, I’m not sure even my (usually) stupendous multi-tasking skills are going to help. I may have to dig out my Wonder Woman costume - problem is, its in the wash - or possibly the ironing basket. One of those anyway…

How are you coping? Got everything organised? Do please leave a comment - but if you are one of those super-organised types please try not to sound too smug. I may cry!

Sarah x

2 comments:

  1. I know that feeling, whilst baby is at his grandparent's this weekend I've got a order for earrings & a illustrated name to not only complete but actually start, a pile of presents to wrap, house to tidy & baby's clothes to wash as he's getting through two outfits a day plus lots of dribble bibs! Plus our washing and cooking up his dinners for the week... On top of it all there is pre Christmas drinks with a friend just returned home from New Zealand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, I feel your pain!! Just try not to clench hold of your "pre-Christmas" drink too hard, or you may snap the glass off the stem - although a drink (or two) might help lift some stress... I've taken to getting up an hour earlier every day at the moment - which given that I usually rise at 6am means a 5am start now. (And no, it's not the "best part" of the flamin' day!!). I'm worried about setting the alarm any earlier in case I meet myself going to bed just as I'm getting up. I take my hat off though, to anyone who runs a business with a young baby - my daughter is 8 so I'm past the dribble stage and she manages to stay in one outfit (most days) - so I bow to your determination, and I'm cheering the fact you've bought those presents (which is more than I've done, lol), even if you haven't wrapped them yet!! x

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts