Thursday 24 August 2017

The post holiday meltdown...

As lovely as it was to have a couple of weeks holiday, the pay off for any small business owner is always the tidal wave of orders, emails and messages that build up while you're away. I got back to work this Monday, and I'm just about up to date with things now after a few days of real 'nose to the grindstone' type long hours!

So with my little moment of time I have this afternoon I thought I'd share a very rare image with you taken during our holiday... this is my dad, baking a cake. And not just any cake - the very first cake he's ever baked. In fact, the first of anything he's made food-wise (if you don't include tea making and biscuit tin pilfering)!


What the photo doesn't reveal is my mum off camera, with hands to cheeks and more than an air of anxiety! And what you can't tell from the picture either is that seconds after it was taken he decided he couldn't 'fit' all the cake mix in the tins so he might as well eat the rest. And we won't mention the icing debacle... let's just say it came out quite runny... 

But hey, there's a first time for everything - although I have an idea it'll be the last time too, if my mum has anything to say about it!


As well as going to stay with my mum and dad down in Somerset, we had a few days at home, stay-cation style, with day trips out and about in our lovely Norfolk. One of our days out took us to a smashing park in Norwich next to the University campus. It has a lovely clear bubbling stream and Freddy couldn't believe his luck when we told him he could actually go in!




It's unbelievable to think we've only got just over a week left of the school summer holidays - the summer always goes so fast! Before you know it we'll be nearing Christmas... in fact, now I've said that I've realised I can't stick around any longer, I've got some new goodies for the website I really need to get started on!

What have you been up to during the summer, been anywhere nice?

Sarah x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts